A great opportunity to top up some part-time hours or a stepping stone back into work - 4hrs a week fixed term for 34mnths.
Background of developmentplus:
Lincoln Community Development Worker Project (trading as developmentplus) is a community development organisation which has worked across the County of Lincolnshire since 1997. We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We work alongside people in their community facilitating their involvement in decisions that affect their lives, supporting them to identify and develop initiatives that they feel will improve their quality of life socially, environmentally, economically and through learning.
In partnership with Urban Challenge we have been awarded a 3 year Reaching Communities grant to support the development of the Lincoln Neighbourhood Together Network (LNTN), a joint Board that represents each of the smaller Neighbourhood Boards across the City.
The LNTN has been established as a direct result of the support we have provided to the seven Neighbourhood Boards within Lincoln over the past twelve months to help them develop and become stronger forums for their local communities.
The individual Boards have developed to a point that less intensive support is required at an individual Board level, however more strategic support is required to ensure the Boards continue to grow and develop. Recent consultation and a theory of change exercise, has resulted in the creation of the LNTN to operate and develop as:
- A forum to share ideas and best practice
- A place to help and support each other
- A focal point for information and resources
- A place to provide shared training and skills development opportunities
- A mechanism to hold individual Boards’ budgets through a central bank account
- A means of communication and accountability across the Neighbourhood Boards
- A place to enable support to individual boards as required
- A more formal link to the City Council
- A central place for raising funding
- A means of providing insurance for events
- A central forum for dealing with larger citywide issues such as homelessness, drug misuse, traffic and highways issues
- A facility for problem solving / resolving shared issues
- A means to facilitate buddying / mentoring for new Chairs and Secretaries
- A more formal structure with appointed reps from each individual Board
- A mechanism to implement effective performance management processes, ensuring that the Boards can evidence the impact and the success of their work.
It will be the role of both the Project Worker/Co-ordinator (employed by Urban Challenge) to support “LNTN” to achieve these aims.
Specifically, key tasks and responsibilities of the Project Worker include:
• Administration of LNTN meetings.
• Develop task roles.
• Co-ordinate marketing materials.
• Point of contact for board members.
• Support and facilitate mentoring opportunities.
• Share information and resources.
• Provide advice and support with events.
• Support project volunteers.
- 1 Year Community Development Experience
- Experience of delivering effective training groups and/or individuals
- Experience of using social media/maintaining websites
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit an A4 statement outlining your suitability including 2 references and any qualifications obtained in relation to the role.
If you have any further questions please/address your application statement to:
Lynsey Collinson – CEO developmentplus
Lynsey.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01522 543361