Sample Reception Laboratory Assistant / Lab Administrator
Job Title: Sample Reception Laboratory Assistant
Salary: £16,000 - £17,000
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (6am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday and 6am to 12 Saturdays)
Closing Date: 24th May 2019
The Company is a go-ahead Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory located in Exeter. Their service is the provision of high quality diagnostic results and opinions to help vets deal with the daily challenges of small animal and equine practice.
They are looking for a laboratory assistant to work in their sample reception department; this involves aspects of laboratory and administration work and a significant amount of client contact and support is required. Previous laboratory or veterinary experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided.
Purpose of the Role:
Assist in the provision of a comprehensive veterinary clinical pathology service to veterinary practices. This involves aspects of laboratory and administration work including receiving and processing samples, liaising with clients, data entry and other laboratory tasks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The list of key tasks below is indicative of the main requirements of the post but it is not an exhaustive list.
- Unpack samples received by their clients whilst operating within the laboratory's health and safety and personal protective equipment policies
- Numbering and processing samples received by their clients, sorting samples for different departments within the laboratory
- Data inputting samples onto their computer system
- Liaise with clients when there are queries
- Sorting submission forms for different departments within the laboratory
- Scanning submission forms and external results
- Filing submission forms and external results and maintaining filing system
- Assist in the day to day maintenance of the laboratory including stock levels and cleaning
- Checking new stock deliveries
- Preparing samples to send to third party laboratories
- Performing basic serology tests
- Other tasks as defined by senior members of staff
You should have a flexible approach to work; be able to demonstrate good organisational skills and have the ability to work without close supervision.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Note: Cover letters need to be attached otherwise the application won't be considered.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Sample Receival, Sample Coordination Technician, Lab Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Scientific Assistant, Science Assistant, Lab Administrator, Receptionist, Administrative Support, Laboratory Support, Lab Support may also be considered for this role.