Practice Manager – Adoption Services
- Part Time
Practice Manager – Adoption Services
Leeds, West Yorkshire
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help. Our work is wide-ranging and includes help for parents-to-be, the provision of many Children’s Centres in local communities, intensive family support, emotional health and wellbeing services, counselling, mediation and therapies, support in schools and financial grants programmes. Family Action is also recognised as a leading provider of training and consultancy.
We are now seeking a Practice Manager to join us in Leeds as part of the PAC-UK services on a part time basis for three days per week.
- £20,419.80 - £22,783.80 per annum (FTE - £34,033 - £37,973)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 30 days’ holiday per annum
This is the ideal role for an adoption professional with in-depth knowledge and experience of adoption practice to progress their career with a leading family support charity.
PAC-UK (as part of Family Action) plays a leading role in the development and provision of adoption support services. We work with local authorities and partner agencies to deliver outstanding services to those affected by adoption including adoptive parents, adopted children and their wide family and friends networks.
You’ll discover that we have and promote a strong set of values; people focus, mutual respect, excellence in all we do and can-do attitudes. We are forward-thinking, ambitious and committed to continuous improvement. If you share these values and behaviours and have the necessary skills, then we look forward to hearing from you.
As a Practice Manager, you will be tasked with delivering, co-ordinating and monitoring a consultation, assessment, counselling and intermediary service for a range of individuals and groups involved in adoption.
This will include adopted adults, adults who grew up on other permanent placements, birth parents and other birth relatives, prospective adopters, adoptive parents and special guardianship carers.
Working closing with the Head of Adult Services, you will:
- Support monitoring of referrals and allocations
- Liaise with local authority service managers and other referrers
- Assist in preparing costings for interventions and use of agreed funds
- Monitor case records for adult services
- Proactively and creatively assist in the development of adult services
To be considered as a Practice Manager, you will need:
- A working knowledge of legislation around adoption, access to adoption records, intermediary work and birth parent support
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable post-qualification experience of post-adoption and permanency work
- A good theoretical and practical knowledge of the lifelong impact of adoption on all those affected by it
- Experience of managing and supervising staff
- Experience of service (co-)management and development
- A professional qualification in social work, or equivalent, and evidence of a commitment to continuing learning and professional development
Other organisations may call this role Practice Manager, Service Manager, Senior Adoption Practitioner, Adoption Service Manager, Adoption Practice Manager, or Adoption Support Services Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 13th May 2019 with interviews scheduled for the 3rd June 2019.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to play a key role in supporting adult adoption services, as a Practice Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.