- Full Time
The brand new building stands on a 100m2 patch of rock between the cliff edge and the sea wall, which was built in the 1950s to protect the hotel from the ravages of high tides and winter storms. The two-floor building will provide a new base for the RNLI lifeguard service and a new surf lifesaving club.
The top floor will be our new bar; Watchful Mary.
Opening in early summer 2019, Watchful Mary is a new continental-style bar for the Bay set on the sea wall.
Shaped by stories of co-founder Mary Ashworth’s sightings of the sunset’s rare Green Flash (a ray of green light that, if conditions are right, can apparently be glimpsed as the sun dips below the horizon), Watchful Mary is a bar for the whole Bay to enjoy. With unbroken views to the horizon, drinkers might just be lucky enough to glimpse the Green Flash from Watchful Mary.
From views to flavours to vibe, there’ll be nowhere else in the Bay like it. Think laidback drinking and grazing, with the music stepping up as the sun goes down.
Watchful Mary hinges on people. Bringing individuals together, sharing stories, knowledge and insight, we will create the perfect backdrop and context for people to connect.
Our people are magnetic; full of passion and knowledge about the world of food and drink, who love to share stories, and inspire others with their enthusiasm and insight too. They know when to dial it up or down, are brimming with curiosity and have an individuality that comes out in the way they work. They’re eager to be part of something they believe in and can take ownership of, shaping their bar space into the very best it can be.
We’re looking for a brand-new team to open in May. The people that we are looking for are supervisors, waiting staff and an assistant bar manager.
- Serve customers in friendly, timely relaxed and professional manner
- Ensure the smooth running of your own particular section
- Maintaining a clean and tidy section, including floor area
- Helping to ensure a safe environment for both staff and guests and adhering to the company’s health and safety policy and procedures
What you offer:
- Experienced in cash handling
- Customer service focused
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under extreme pressure
Why you should choose Watergate Bay:
- Watergate Bay Hotel is a relaxed professional place to work in a beautiful location right on the beach
- Excellent career prospects in an ever expanding organisation.
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at Watergate Bay Hotel
- Staff discounts on treatments in Swim Club
- Discounts for you and your friends & family at Zacry’s, The Beach Hut, Living Space, Fifteen Cornwall
- Staff discounts at Shop on the Beach and other partner businesses
- Free surf lessons and free use of surfboards and wetsuits from the Extreme Academy
- Social events throughout the year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Waiting Staff £8.21 /hour, Supervisor £9.00 /hour, Assistant Bar Manager £21,500 per annum
Apply for Waiting Staff
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly