St Matthews CE Primary & Nursery Academy
Appointment type: Full time
Scale Up to M6
Closing date: Friday 10th May 2019 9am
Would you like to work in a new, purpose built and rapidly expanding primary school in Plymouth’s Ocean City? Due to expansion, St Matthew's Cof E Primary & Nursery Academy is seeking to appoint a number of highly motivated, effective classroom practitioners across KS1 and KS2. Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future development of our school as we grow to become a three form entry primary school within a new housing development. As part of St Christopher’s Trust we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for teachers that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference. We particularly seek to employ teachers who have completed their NQT induction year or who have experience.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
- The opportunity to work in a brand new school, with spacious grounds within Plymouth’s Ocean city.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 16 schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- High expectations of themselves and pupils established this a positive, can do and proactive nature.
- A commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
- Is reflective and focused on learning – that of themselves and others and has a strong pedagogical practice and philosophy that underpins their approach to teaching.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged and to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 01752395969.
Applications should be submitted by 10th May 2019 9 am Please state curriculum strengths in your application.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found on the school website at www.stmatthewsacademyplymouth.org Applications by email to be sent to Holly Findlay HR portfolio Lead H.Findlay@OldPrioryStCMAT.org or by post