Project Officer - Maintenance
4 days left
- Full Time
Project Officer - Maintenance
£31,911 - £35,858 per annum
Full time (35 hours per week)
Closing date: Monday 6th May
Help us provide “More homes, great services, better lives”
Nottingham Community Housing Association is a values-driven organisation and one of the largest locally-based housing groups in the East Midlands. We manage over 9,500 homes and house more than 20,000 tenants across the East Midlands in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
About the role
This is a varied Project Officer role based in our Property Services department in Bulwell, Nottingham.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, you will deliver projects which include M & E, Health & Safety, Servicing and Repairs, including inspection programmes to the NCHA group and client portfolios of properties. You will manage these customer focussed projects within set timescales, ensuring compliance, excellent customer service, value for money and in line with our organisational values.
You will have extensive and varied experience in a construction or maintenance environment or have achieved a HNC/NVQ level 4 in an associated discipline with post qualification experience. You will hold or be willing to work towards a valid SMSTS, FDIS, and HHSRS qualification.
A working knowledge of CDM, Asbestos and all other regulations relating to the delivery of service area works including defects provisions within buildings contracts are all essential for this post.
You will have a high level of numeracy, literacy and excellent IT skills including the ability to learn and develop new systems.
A self starter who can prioritise and work under their own initiative and work as part of a team.
A valid driving licence is essential.
This is a great opportunity to work for an organisation that is committed to the on-going training and development of colleagues. In return for your values, skills and experience, we will offer you a fantastic benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- 36.5 days leave + an extra 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme which pays above the minimum employer contribution rate up to 7.5%
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme if in the pension scheme
- Family Friendly Working Policies e.g. enhanced maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave pay and policies
- Benefits scheme offering savings on shopping cards, discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc. via Health shield Perks
- £250 for referring a friend/family member who is appointable and starts employment in a Care Assistant or Support Worker role
- Free access to employee Advice Line, offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Employee Recognition Scheme with rewards up to £50 and additional holiday for qualifying service
- On-going learning and development opportunities
- Discounted bus pass schemes in Nottingham through the Colleague Travel Scheme e.g. annual saving of £156 per year or £13 per month for Nottingham City Transport
View the full job description in the document tab at the top of the page and refer to the Person Specification section of the Job Description to complete your application.
Candidates will be required to complete online ability assessments as part of the interview process.
All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
Closing date: Monday 6th May 2019
Interview date: Friday 17th May 2019
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates.