Contract Manager - Energy
Client site based - SW England
Our client is looking for a Contract Manager to drive growth in the nuclear side of the business with a focus upon contracts pertaining to quality, inspection and technical activities on nuclear sites. The ideal candidate will be familiar with UK inspection requirements for a highly regulated industry (ideally nuclear) and fantastic relationship management skills and commercial acumen to be able to identify areas for growth within existing client contracts.
The successful candidate will also hold (or be eligible to attain) security clearance, as this is a mandatory requirement for the client sites.
NB: The role will be based in Berkshire 3 days per week, with alternative locations available for the remaining 2 days, so candidates must be happy with regular travel to Berkshire if not already based locally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the overall strategy development for inspections, identify solutions to recurrent inspection issues, as well as providing training and ongoing supervision
- Advising on all aspects of Quality Control & Inspection on projects, including risks and issues.
- Leading the development and maintenance of internal and external Customer relationships
- Monitoring and auditing of reports and activities on a regular basis
- SQEP system management and supervision including third-party accreditation
- Liaising with customers to gain a complete understanding of their requirements/expectations for QA/QC activities and any wider service areas
- Maintaining communication regularly throughout the project organisation and PSCMs
- Ensure manufacturers quality arrangements are reviewed and approved / accepted in accordance with project requirements, including customer approvals, e.g. up-front manufacturing documentation
- Supervision of closing out and Non-conformance reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Stakeholder management experience with the ability to demonstrate a successful track record of influencing and negotiating, particularly in technical discussions relating to Inspection
- Technical mindset, writing abilities and communication skills
- Knowledge of UK inspection requirements within the Energy sector or related experience from another safety critical or hazardous industry in setting out Inspection and Inspection Qualifying strategies
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive, self-motivated approach to technical and non-technical aspects of the projects
- Knowledge of a variety of manufacturing techniques and processes
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for a Contract specialist within the Energy sector looking to work for a an organisation with unparalleled employee development.