Fitter / Plumber
Fitter / Plumber
Salary: £22,017 - £26,243 per annum (Grade 4)
Full time and open-ended
Vacancy Number: 8269BR
Cardiff University’s Estates & Campus Facilities Department are recruiting for an experienced fitter/plumber to join our maintenance team. Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor the ideal candidate will as part of our team be responsible for the maintenance of mechanical systems throughout the universities city wide campus.
As one of the largest employers in the city, Cardiff University are able to offer a highly competitive package, including:
- Annual salary of £22,017 - £26,243 per annum (Grade 4).
- Participation in emergency call-out rota (one week in every seven weeks once suitable experience gained) - Call-out pay and stand-by call out rota pay are both additional to the main salary scale.
- 32 days annual leave (PLUS bank holidays).
- Fantastic work-life balance with a standard 35 hour working week (Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm with one hour for lunch).
- Ongoing specialist training and support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced mechanical services fitter/plumber
- Have a documented recognised City & Guilds (or equivalent) mechanical building services apprenticeship.
- It will be a desirable requirement of the role that the candidate will be GasSafe® registered (Training will be funded for this as necessary)
- Have significant experience in fitting and plumbing for domestic, commercial and industrial maintenance and installation of:
- Hot and Cold Water Services
- Natural Gas
- Compressed Air
- Steam, (Specialist training will be funded)
- Domestic & Commercial heating systems, sealed and open vented, one and two pipe systems.
- Air Handling Plant
- Pressure Vessels
- Motors/Fans & Ducted air systems
- Medical Gases & Vacuum systems
- Other piped systems including Steel pipework, copper pipework, plastic pipework systems, lead based flashings coupled with the use of soldering, brazing, compression, mechanically compressive, solvent welding and brazing techniques
To apply, please visit our website
Closing date: Sunday, 24 March 2019.
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.