Clerk to Perranuthnoe Parish Council
PERRANUTHNOE PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
Part-time – 16-18 hours per week
Salary – SCP 18 to 28 pro rata dependent on qualifications and experience
Perranuthnoe Parish Council seeks a part-time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). Duties will include:
· Attending meetings on the third Monday of each month plus the Annual Parish meeting and any further meetings required;
· The preparation of meeting agendas and taking accurate minutes of Parish Council Meetings;
· Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, payment of accounts, dealing with statutory pension requirements and HMRC payments/wages etc;
· Taking action on resolutions passed by the Council;
· Administering Parish Council events and projects;
· Management and administration of the Council's contracts;
· Management of assets and insurances;
· Setting the councils budget, financial account preparation and liaison with auditors;
· Liaise with Chairman between meetings.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be an attractive quality. The Clerk/RFO will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council.
The Clerk/RFO will be an employee of the Council and remuneration will be for 16-18 hours per week. The salary scale is in accordance with NALC recommendations for Part Time Clerks/RFOs. The precise starting point for the successful candidate will depend on level of qualifications and experience.
Perranuthnoe is a parish in the West Penwith Community Network Area, with a population of circa 2500. The Council's precept for 2019/20 is £37023 The Parish Council consists of ten Councillors plus the Parish Clerk.
Closing date: 12noon Wednesday 3rd April
It is proposed that Interviews will be held on Friday 12thApril
TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK GO TO www.perranuthnoepc.info
Apply for Clerk to Perranuthnoe Parish Council
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly