Contracts Manager - Fire
Contracts Manager – Fire
Exeter, Devon (office/field based, covering the South-West)
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,000 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We’re now seeking a Contracts Manager to join our team and deliver contracts that include fire systems and associated compliance matters.
- Salary of £32,242 per annum
- Car allowance
- Pension with choice of scheme
- Additional benefits package
This is a superb opportunity for a housing professional with a deep grasp of fire safety and regulation to advance their career with the South-West’s leading social housing provider.
From the coasts of Cornwall to the towns of Somerset, we operate at the forefront of housing provision and boast tens of thousands of homes within our portfolio.
So, if you are looking to make a difference to the quality and safety of housing across the region, this is the perfect role in which to advance your skills, do more and take your career to the next level.
As a Contracts Manager, you will join the Compliance Team and make a key difference to fire safety and fire safety equipment across our organisation.
You’ll undertake a range of meetings with concerned parties, audit equipment and any completed activities and ensure that we are compliant. Delivering projects to cost targets, you will also make sure that all fire safety work complies with strict KPIs, legislation, regulation and industry best practice.
Your role will also involve:
- Procuring fire safety equipment and contracts
- Managing fire safety contracts and contractors
- Ensuring all key performance measures are met
- Working collaboratively with the fire safety team and other service leads
To be considered as a Contracts Manager, you will need:
- Knowledge of fire regulations/legislation
- Good management and coaching skills
- Extensive domestic dwelling experience from a technical management perspective, demonstrating understanding of the built environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, ACOPs, regulations and compliance pertaining to the management of housing and the construction industry
- The proven ability to deliver multiple services and projects on time and within budget including budget planning and reporting
- Experience of letting and the management of maintenance contracts and service providers, including developing formal specifications, contracts and technical information and managing health & safety
- Experience of working at a similar level within a RSL (Registered Social Landlord), local or public authority, or private practice, involved in the asset management and surveying function
- Knowledge of procurement, including contract tendering
An HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant field would be beneficial to your application. An M&E or construction apprenticeship would also be an advantage, as would evidence of CPD (continued professional development) in fire safety management.
Other organisations may call this role Contracts Manager, Fire Safety Contracts Manager, Fire Systems Contracts Manager, Fire & Security Contracts Manager, Fire Safety Manager, Building Safety Manager, or Health & Safety Contracts Manager.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a new, exciting role as a Contracts Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.