Post Sales Arrears & Collections Team Leader
7 days left
- Full Time
Help to Buy - Wales
Post Sales Arrears & Collections Team Leader
Department: Help to Buy Wales
Reporting to: Post Sales Team Manager
Under the direction of the Post sales Team Manager, responsible for coordinating the day to day administrative and collections activities within the HTBW Post Sales Arrears & Collections Team. Ensure that internal targets and those of the Welsh Government Housing and Regeneration Department are met.
Putting Hardship and Arears Policies in place, and managing a team of Collections Advisors. The role requires supervision, coaching and development of your team in order to achieve KPI’s. To do this you will break down targets, delegate workloads to advisors and monitor performance.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team are collecting outstanding balances at the required speed, achieving this through proactive monitoring of calls and statistics.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you should be an experienced team leader, supervisor or performance coach with a proven track record of working within a similar fast paced environment, collections experience is essential.
The investment period for the Help to Buy – Wales fund is forecast to be fully allocated by 2021, when it is forecast that £454m will have been invested in 11,000 new build properties in Wales. This may be shortened or extended depending on deal flow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a full understanding and knowledge of the compliance requirements, company policies and departmental procedures pertaining to your role.
- Undertake monitoring work on client portfolio as directed by the Fund Manager. This may include pursuing cancelled direct debits and arrears, sending out statements, sending out letters informing of changes to the direct debits.
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge where required for HTBW team members. To include the training of any technical related scenarios to all team members.
- Be responsible for creating and implementing sound workflows, processes and procedures.
- To seek and develop opportunities for change on current working practices.
- To proactively line manage and motivate HTBW advisors, driving continuous improvement. To identify training and development requirements and act as a coach to ensure best practice.
- Actively manage individual and team performance and competence including conducting one to ones, performance feedback, conducting performance reviews, absence management and managing resource requirements.
- To act as a point of escalation for your team. To be able to handle a range of different situations and react accordingly with tact diplomacy and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner. Identify vulnerable customers and deal with accordingly.
- Keep up to date with all regulatory requirements and ensure the team comply with the operating guidelines. Ensure compliance with customer due diligence and money laundering regulations and suggest training as necessary.
- Ensure rigorous GDPR and information security standards are maintained by the team at all times.
- Ensure any requested operational or performance monitoring reports are delivered on time and communicate accurate information for internal and external customers.
- Ensure that Centrac and Result are updated to allow the recording of relevant information for Customers in the Help to Buy – Wales’s scheme. Ensuring required information fields are maintained and complete, whilst proactively utilising individual reports, to ensure all mandatory fields have been updated.
- First line daily operational responsibility to delegate and pro-actively manage workloads of the team to ensure SLA requirements are met, including own caseload.
- Adhering to all KPI/SLA response times when processing documentation, as stipulated and agreed with Welsh Government and as contained in the Fund Management agreement.
- Deputise for the Post Sales Team Manager in their absence
- Any other task defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the department (this post will require occasional out of hours working).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Knowledge in recoveries and collections.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of performance management, coaching/121’s, disciplinary.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment where the customer experience is treated as a priority.
- A responsible attitude
- Experience of dealing with escalated complaints with an understanding of basic customer complaint policies.
- Ability to adhere to strict administrative procedures in relation to the delivery of required SLA’s.
- Effective communicator maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Self-starter, be able to take initiative and motivate others in a target driven environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Educated to a good standard of general education-GSCE, NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent standard
- Second charge mortgage experience.
- Knowledge/experience of Land registry applications
- Regulatory experience.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving Licence.
- IT literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics and Sharepoint, CRM, Finance systems.
Apply for Post Sales Arrears & Collections Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly