7 days left
- Full Time
Technical Coordinator GBPNeg - DOE Grimsby Full Time, Permanent
Your new role
Managing the day to day technical, quality and hygiene activities of the business. You will be the main technical bridge between customers, suppliers and the site. You will provide the company's technical and quality requirements while driving the technical agenda throughout the site.
The successful candidate will maintain the company's FSQM manual and policies, to ensure they are aligned with all customer, relevant accreditation bodies and regulatory codes of practice. You will also ensuring the factory has up to date specifications for all products. You will the main liaison for any external lab, calibration and non-fish service providers.
- To manage, develop and drive the company's technical and quality requirements.
- Maintain the company FSQM systems to ensure they comply with business and company needs.
- Updating and creating product specifications - Own Label and Customer Format
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is in place and completed.
- Play the key role in the sites technical agenda around continuous improvement programmes.
- Track and measure the sites technical performance using both customer and company KPI matrices, including audit rating, micro performance, product quality, depot rejections, complaints and compliance. Manage the communication to both customers and site.
- To provide technical information to all customers, site and group functions where required.
- To ensure the company is compliant with all company, customer, regulatory and accreditation bodies codes of practice by gap analysis and updating of procedures.
- To assist with customer visits and accreditation audits providing support where required.
- Manage the site technical administration ensuring deadlines are met for specifications, line standards and Factory paperwork.
- Manage Laboratory routine testing, sampling and swabbing.
- Deliver food safety and hygiene training.
- Manage and delegate the sites hygiene requirements, including purchasing of hygiene goods.
- Ensure that all raw material specifications are in place and meet customer needs.
- Ensure all raw material suppliers are approved
- Perform site Internal/ External Audits where required.
- Organise the calibration of Technical equipment on site.
- Return to work assessments for all staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have excellent knowledge of Fish and the Seafood Industry
- NVQ Food Manufacturing/ Production Control Skills
- Good Knowledge of MSC/Salsa and BRC Certifications
- Food Hygiene
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Office, Outlook and Excel
- A good level on Maths, English and ICT
- Good Communicator at all levels, Face to Face, via telephone and email
- Well organised
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to manage own workload
- An ability to work well in small team
- Work to deadlines
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary - depending on experience
Full Company benefits package
Free, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.