Assistant Project Manager
An opportunity has become available for an Assistant Rail Project Manager to join our company.
We have been established for over 20 years, currently experiencing sustained growth in the rail market, yet still having a family feel to the company. We are an award-winning company due to the development of the Mountbridge Railway Platform, a system that solves the problem of the gap between the platform and the train. We are now successfully establishing the platform within the industry throughout the country.
You will be based in Aberdare and will be working on UK Rail projects throughout the UK and London. Ideally the role would encompass both commercial and contractual activities, so a detailed knowledge and experience within the sector would be preferable.
- Management of schemes and understanding client's requirements.
- Management of the technical aspects of design, procurement, implementation and close-out in accordance with the programme
- Co-ordination of all relevant parties of the project from inception to closeout
- Ensure effective supplier management by raising purchase orders, resolving parked invoices and raising sub-contract requisitions
- Assist clients in defining project requirements as well as managing budgets
- Stakeholder management and co-ordination of third-party interfaces
- Risk management and ensuring quality controls are in place to regularly monitor project costs
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines.
- The company has an open and friendly working environment however applicant must be self-motivated.
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new competencies to enhance personal and team capability
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Travel will be an essential part of the job
- Get the chance to see projects through from start to finish
Training and Experience
- Experience in successful delivery of rail projects
- Good attention to detail, good organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Must be Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office with excellent Excel skills
- An engineering qualification (Degree, HNC) which has been completed in the UK/Ireland preferable but not essential
- Ideally PTS, Street works supervisor/SMSTs/CSCS certification
- Have a full UK driving license
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 25 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory days holiday
- Excellent opportunities for development
- Supportive working environment
- Permanent Position
- Access to vehicle