Mechanical Maintenance Technician
3 days left
- Full Time
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Saur is an international utility group, headquartered in France. We have contracts all over the world and continue to grow. We have been part of the Glasgow water industry scene for fourteen years, and international environmental services industry since 1933.
SAUR Services Glasgow is recruiting, due to natural growth, for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician/Engineer to become a member of their (maintenance) team within their West of Glasgow.
Main Role of Position
The primary duties of the position include skilled execution of planned & corrective mechanical maintenance activities, ensuring reliable condition and robust performance of numerous and varied items of plant and equipment across the SAUR Services West of Glasgow site. Fault finding and root cause failure identification, a proactive approach to defect correction and reporting with a sound ability for swift breakdown resolution in emergency process situations.
Co-ordination with existing maintenance, operations and process departments as well as adopting safe working techniques and good overall engineering practice.
From £24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Key Duties / Requirements
- Implementation of scheduled planned maintenance by realising work orders generated by the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Reacting to failure/breakdown of equipment and carrying out corrective/remedial measures as necessary or directed.
- Possess & demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of industrial mechanical equipment, especially pumps, gearboxes/drivetrains, bearings/shafts, conveyors, valves and screens/filters etc.
- Perform strip down, repair, overhaul & test of various mechanical plant.
- Install & repair various types of industrial pipework & fittings.
- Be able to solve problems by properly investigating symptoms and tracing back to identify root cause.
- Suggestion of solutions for continuous improvement of plant safety, reliability and overall efficiency.
- Identification & reporting of abnormal equipment behaviour or critical process situations.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship at trade level essential.
- A minimum of five years experience working in a similar role or position.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
- Capable of fabrication & welding to a good standard using either electric arc, MIG & TIG methods beneficial.
- Ability to read & understand mechanical and process schematics / specifications – including P&ID
- Good understanding of electrical & control systems beneficial.
- Good understanding of automated/PLC controlled equipment beneficial.
- Experience & knowledge of the Water/Wastewater Industry is preferred.
- Current CSCS card or similar preferred
- Current PASMA and MEWP licence beneficial.
- Current forklift license beneficial.
- Current certificate for competency in confined spaces & escape BA beneficial.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the need for safe systems of work, including risk assessment & method statements, isolation procedures and permit to work systems.
- Ability to use hand held computerised equipment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Committed and self-motivated, with very good human relation skills.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision-making when required.
- Must be flexible and responsive to the needs of the business.
- Current drivers licence.
The core working week is 37hrs Monday to Friday. However the successful applicant shall be available to work additional hours as and when required due to plant operational needs, and to participate within a Standby Call-Out rota.
Apply for Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly