Centrifuge and Plant Operator
3 days left
- Full Time
Centrifuge and Plant Operator
Saur is an international utility group, headquartered in France. We have contracts all over the world and continue to grow. We have been part of the Glasgow water industry for fifteen years, and international environmental services industry since 1933.
SAUR Services Glasgow is recruiting, due to natural growth, for an experienced Centrifuge and Plant Operator to become a member of their (maintenance) team within their West of Glasgow Facility.
Main Role of Position
The primary duties of the position include skilled operation of a centrifuge plant and waste water treatment works. Control of the plant, adjustment of running parameters, fault check, a proactive approach to achieve compliance with CAR licence and Waste Management Licence.
Co-ordination with existing process department, maintenance team as well as adopting safe working techniques and good overall operation practice are key.
From £19,000 - £21,000 per annum
Key Duties / Requirements
- Operate Sludge Management Center including Centrifuge, Centrifuge feed and associated chemical dosage plant and Odour control.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly tasks throughout the Waste Water Treatment Works
- Reacting to anomalies/failure/breakdown of equipment and protect compliance.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of operation of similar installation.
- Be able to solve problems by properly investigating symptoms and tracing back to identify root cause.
- Suggestion of solutions for continuous improvement of plant safety, reliability and overall efficiency.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Experience working in a similar role or position is required.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems from an operators perspective
- Good understanding of automated/PLC controlled equipment beneficial.
- Experience & knowledge of the Water/Wastewater Industry is preferred.
- Current forklift license beneficial.
- Current certificate for competency in confined spaces & escape BA beneficial.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the need for safe systems of work, including risk assessment & method statements, isolation procedures and permit to work systems.
- Ability to use hand held computerised equipment is required
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Committed and self-motivated, with very good human relation skills.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision-making when required.
- Must be flexible and responsive to the needs of the business.
- Current drivers licence.
Day and Night shift will be organised from time to time. The core working week is 37hrs Monday to Saturday. However, the successful applicant shall be available to work additional hours as and when required due to plant operational needs, and to participate within a Standby Call-Out rota.
Apply for Centrifuge and Plant Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly