Creative Content Writer
4 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to join a newsroom that is home to one of the fastest growing county-wide news websites in the country? We are now seeking to recruit a Creative Content Writer to be based in the EssexLive newsroom but to work with editorial across the south east. This is not a journalism job: we want someone who is creative, who has a way with words, and who will be able to produce compelling commercial content for our advertising partners. EssexLive was only created two-and-a-half-years ago and since then, the site has become a firm favourite for readers across Essex.
EssexLive has a handful of similarly successful sister sites in the south east, namely KentLive, CambridgeshireLive, SurreyLive and MyLondon.
Across the region, our huge online audience is very attractive to advertisers, who recognise it as a fantastic platform to promote their businesses.
To name but a few, we are currently working with music festivals, airports and prestige car dealers to promote what they have to offer by the power of online content.
You will need to be creative, able to deal with sensitive interviews, write clean copy under pressure, to deadline, and often need to source case studies to fit around campaigns.
Our advertisers are increasingly interested in us shooting video for them too, so experience with video and video editing packages would be a huge advantage.
- Writing articles for clients on a variety of topics, for use in print and digital.
- Conducting interviews for case study articles either by phone or in person.
- Working with the sales team and clients, providing guidance on developing the right content to meet client objectives and those of our readers.
- Uploading articles to our digital titles via CMS, and adapt print articles to work for an online platform.
- Managing campaigns, including arranging sign off with clients, organising and keeping track of different aspects of the campaign, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Writing engaging social posts to promote online articles, making sure the copy is representative of our brands.
- Developing content ideas for campaign pitches.
The Ideal Candidate
- An adaptable writing style with the ability to write on a range of topics.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of social media best practices.
- SEO knowledge for creating online articles.
- Photoshop skills for simple image editing are an advantage.
- Previous experience of shooting and editing video is also an advantage.
- Previous experience of using a complex CMS.
- Previous interview experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc has a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.