Bingley, West Yorkshire
£35,000 - £40,000 + 6% Pension + Bonus
Our client has an opportunity for a finance professional to join their team in Bingley.
The primary responsibility for this role is leading the internal and external reporting for their division, producing MI for decision makers to inform business decisions and product strategy. The role will have exposure to the senior team within a rapidly growing and acquisitive business that is developing new products, and is highly likely to be called on to assist with wider group projects.
- Lead month end reporting to the business, including development of the P&L reporting to ensure it reflects commercial needs and providing support to product owners through the provision and interpretation of MI.
- Responsible for statutory reporting for EL and two other small entities.
- Responsible for leading on the audit of EL (as part of the wider Group audit) and liaising with the external audit team.
- Driving change and efficiency, in particular in relation to the month end procedures, and day to day processes such as expenses, banking and cash-flow forecasting; working closely with their Financial Accountant to ensure such processes are aligned.
- Act as a finance contact point for the wider EL team; identify areas of improvement and manage system development.
- To support the Tax Manager with the creation of Quarterly VAT returns and Corporation tax filings.
- Developing & reinforcing financial controls, both system and policy/procedure driven.
- Assisting in quarterly reforecasting through partnering certain departments.
- Acting as a business partner to the wider business, providing financial support to internal projects.
- Assisting in financial integration of acquired businesses, particularly with regard to reported MI and systems.
What They’re Looking For:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financial information in a clear manner to the wider business.
- Good analytical skills, a logical and systematic working approach with a proactive enthusiastic mindset.
- Proven organisational and project management skills, and the ability to work and collaborate with the wider business on large projects.
- Ability to keep track of legislation, changes and requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel (Edinburgh, London area).
- A good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles is essential, qualified accountant, ACA or equivalent.
- Strong excel skills which include the ability to sort and analyse large data sets through the use of pivot tables and key excel functions (including vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
- Good knowledge of accounting systems (Microsoft GP is preferable but not essential)
- Ability to identify and solve problems and communicate the solutions and associated benefits back to the wider business and finance team.
- Experience of managing change within a finance team and around the business
Behaviours & Attributes:
- A tenacious, proactive and personable individual with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people across other departments.
- Ability to support and develop junior team members.
- Ability to work well under pressure within tight deadlines and remain effective.
- High standards of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to initiate, manage and respond to change in a positive manner.
- Passion and determination to learn.
- Attention to detail and a drive to interpret and analyse financial data.
- Confident in creating ideas and making decisions.
- A problem solving mindset that can handle and resolve complex issues.