X 2 NDT Engineers
Rail Technical Services - Derby
Full time, permanent
The Serco NDT Training and Examination Centre is based in Derby.
The 2 NDT Engineers will provide services to customers in Derby and at various sites around the UK. This can involve working away from home but will be shared across the team to ensure long periods (above 3 nights away) are the exception rather than the rule. Those wanting to work away for longer periods to gain overtime will be accommodated.
- Conduct NDT on-site testing on various rail vehicles around the UK.
- Support our instructors and training activities in Derby during quiet periods.
- Deliver NDT services to our many customers around the midlands.
- Represent Serco professionally at all times.
- Work on-site safely after receiving formal training / site inductions.
- Implement Serco procedures and policies at all times.
- Work in accordance with our customers local safety arrangements.
- UK Driving Licence.
- PCN Level 2 Ultrasonic testing of wrought products or Welds/Castings.
- PCN ultrasonic qualifications relating to axle testing.
- PCN Level 2 MPI / DPI.
- Further PCN certifications or engineering qualifications would be an advantage.
Anyone exceeding these requirements PCN Level 3 for example please apply as other Senior Engineer positions are available.
This is an excellent opportunity for personal development into Senior NDT Engineer posts when commitment to the business is demonstrated.
Around £27,000 to £35,000 + Overtime
Send CV to apply.