Business Advisor - Ports and Logistics
Business Advisor – Ports and Logistics
Engineering or Renewable Sectors
3 year fixed term contract, 37 hour week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Advisor from the logistics, engineering or renewable sectors to provide professional business diagnostics, consultancy and coaching to SME businesses. As the specialist Logistics Advisor you will work both in North and North East Lincolnshire with colleagues within business development to identify and deliver professional business consultancy, helping client companies business to grow and thus create employment opportunities. As the specialist Business Advisor we would expect you to have held a managerial or consultancy post within the logistics, engineering or renewable energy sectors. This is a newly created post and a great opportunity for a suitably qualified logistics professional to join the friendly team of likeminded Advisors.
- Deliver on the objectives of the GAIN project; delivering an agreed number of business interventions per month.
- Meet with clients and perform an initial assessment of their business.
- Facilitate and deliver business workshops which are aligned to the project objectives.
- Undertake desk and in-company research to identify appropriate solutions for clients which leads to client companies’ business to growth and creates jobs.
- Liaise with clients diligently and effectively so that their business objectives are met and the GAIN contract outcomes are delivered.
- Complete accurate records of activity and ensure timely submission of contract paperwork to the project Performance Manager.
- Attend business networking events and represent the GAIN project.
- Liaise with other service providers, business development, marketing and other associates to ensure that the GAIN project is delivered within contract.
- Contribute ideas and support colleagues within business development and marketing.
- Keep up to speed with the general economic environment and specific sector environment in order to perform the duties of the role.
- Participate in events.
- Proven management level experience in logistics, engineering or renewable sector.
- Significant knowledge and proven ability of identifying business performance issues and developing strategies and action plans.
- Knowledge of business finance, marketing and operations.
- Proven ability to analyse a company’s business plan and accounts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or activities at the same time.
- Good networking skills.
Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays. You will need to be a car driver with your own transport, insured for business use.
If you are currently working as a Business Consultant, Growth Consultant, Business Coach, Logistics Manager, Engineering Manager or Contracts Manager within the Ports and Logistics, Engineering or Renewables sector this may be an ideal opportunity.