AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach, we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
About the role
AAK are seeking to appoint a Planning Manager to join the site in Hull, responsible for managing a team of four Planners to ensure accurate plans are created and maintained, aligned to current and future needs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for successfully implementing SAP for the Planning Department, and the full integration of that platform with the rest of the business as part of a companywide implementation of SAP.
- Ensure that production plans are aligned to customer demand and capacity considerations.
- Manage and coordinate SAP system integration.
- Maintain all Master Data systems, ensuring data held is accurate.
- Oversee and maintain inventory control systems.
- Coordinate materials handling in line forecasted demand for goods and materials.
- Understand current and future labour constraints.
- Assisting with and planning for New Product Development (NPD) trials.
- Manage and measure manufacturing schedule adherence.
- Understand site logistics to ensure plans are realistic and achievable
- Project management when required.
- BA (Hons) Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate experience working within a similar role, ideally within FMCG/Pharma.
- In-depth working experience of SAP and SAP implementation and integration.
- Experience managing and leading a team of manufacturing and/or material planners.
- Knowledge and understanding of process and practice involved in manufacturing planning.
- Experience of the tools and practices used for determining production demand.
- Able to build and maintain strong effective working relationships.
- Experience working to and hitting targets and deadlines.
In return AAK offer:
- Competitive salary package.
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- Private Medical cover
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
Posting Date of vacancy is 14th February 2019
Closing date for applications will be 28 days from date of posting.