Counter Butcher / Butcher
Jon Thorner’s Ltd are looking to appoint a Counter Butcher / Butcher to join their fresh meat team, based at Pylle, Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate!
Jon Thorner’s is a family run business operating in partnership with Hunts Foodservice Ltd - Jon Thorner’s specialise in locally sourced meat and home-made products, supplying a range of customers from farm shops to schools and universities. Hunts Foodservice is a Food Wholesaler operating from eight sites across the South West.
Job Role & Responsibilities
This is a varied/flexible role, creating a fantastic opportunity to work in different areas and utilise your skills and experience:
2 x days per week will be required on the Fresh Meat Butchery Counter in the Farm Shop:
To ensure that the counter is well stocked and presented, customers are well looked after, providing excellent customer service and advice to customers.
Additionally, up to 3 x days per week available in the Butchery:
The role of the Butcher will be responsible for completing the daily works order to a high standard ensuring that quality and pace are maintained:
- General butchery of beef, pork, lamb and other species.
- De-boning and trimming.
- Cutting meat as required.
You will need to have:
- Excellent knife skills and understanding of butchery techniques.
- The ability to work as part of a team and under pressure at busy times.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to interact with customers of all types.
- A reasonable level of fitness as the job is ‘on its feet all day’.
- The ability to complete record sheets and paperwork.
- Basic English and Maths skills
Hours of Work:
Part-time or Full-time applicants would be considered - a minimum of 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays are essential), or up to 5 days per week (Monday - Friday) 9am - 5pm (approximate hours - to be discussed further at interview stage).
There may also be the occasional requirement to work Saturdays to cover holiday/sickness.
Apply for Counter Butcher / Butcher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly