7 days left
- Full Time
Northampton, covering the Midlands
£31,036 per annum (Company van provided)
40 hours per week (Plus Out of Hours Rota)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
PA Housing is an award-winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference in the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrician to join our dedicated team in the Midlands to carry out and we really want to hear from you if;
- You are a team player with knowledge of IEE requirements Inspecting and Testing, fault finding, repairs & upgrades and Health & Safety requirements.
- Experience in either Social Housing or Domestic repairs including fault finding, repairs, tests & upgrade to occupied & unoccupied properties is ideal.
- You will need experience in Inspection and Testing and a good understanding of completing an EICR ideally ‘online’
- Are customer focused with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, provide high levels of customer satisfaction at all times
- Have an organised and structured approach to work;
- Are able to work on own initiative and plan and prioritise your own workload and the workload of others;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative whilst maintaining a team ethos.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player who puts customers first, will be qualified to Level 3 Electrotechnical studies C&G 2330 or equivalent, 17th Edition (BS2382), and Inspection & Testing (BS2391 or suitable equivalent) Suitable demonstration of competencies such as significant practical experience or a relevant NVQ 3 will be required to achieve our compliance bodies registration. Ideally, you will also be trained in 18th Edition however this is not essential
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to work as an integral part of a dedicated in house repairs team will have a positive 'can do' attitude.
You will be highly organised with a passion for service excellence and continuous improvement and will be a strong communicator who is confident when liaising with people at all levels. Being capable of working to deadlines is essential as is being diligent and an eye for details and compliance. You must have a clean valid driving licence.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependant on committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to people's lives every day.
In return for your commitment, you can expect a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and employee discount scheme. As a responsible employer, we take the health and wellbeing of our colleagues seriously and have implemented a comprehensive health and wellbeing programme.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 24th February 2019.