Java Developer – Senior
Java Developer – Senior
Plymouth, Devon (with occasional off-site travel)
£47,000 Plus Flexible Working Options
Are you an experienced Java Developer who is passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions? Want to join a team who believe in collaboration and have pride in what they achieve? If so, read on.
We are Rowe IT, a successful provider of software engineering, solution architecture and systems integration to the public and private sectors. We’re an exciting, progressive business that uses cutting-edge technologies and the latest Agile techniques.
Our work varies from project to project and have included big data solutions for one of the world’s largest supercomputers, working with the MoD to support tactical decision making, building DevOps pipelines to drive continuous deployment at scale and building national systems to disseminate severe environmental hazards to the public.
We’re now looking for a Java Developer to join our multi-skilled Scrum team and deliver solutions to our clients based across the UK.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Take a hands-on role in the design, development and delivery of our projects
- Get involved with Sprint planning, demonstrations, retrospectives and backlog refinement
- Ensure the quality of code
- Suggest ways to improve project team processes, tooling and techniques
- Share your knowledge and experience with others
- Occasionally travel and work off-site
Interested? To join us, you’ll need multi-year experience as a Java Developer, including experience of the following:
- Java and Spring
- Design, including the use of UML
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- RESTful Web Services
- Continuous Integration, such as Jenkins and Travis
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Java Developer, Application Developer, App Developer, Software Developer, Software Application Developer, Software App Developer, Developer or Programmer.
Some work will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
But what’s in it for you? Your benefits will include:
- 7.5% pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private health insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (including conference attendance)
- High specification laptop and mobile phone
- Onsite cafe
- Pizza Fridays
- Fun days and lunches (that are also fun)
- A coffee machine (it goes everywhere we do)
- Work flexibly in our modern, vibrant office
- Work with a great client base, including the Met Office, Hydrographic Office, Crown Commercial Service and MoD
- Expand your knowledge and skills into exciting new areas
- Join a people-oriented business that will support your growth
Rowe IT is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.