Bank Nursery Assistant
5 days left
- Full Time
Little Owls Nursery, Chamberlain Road, Hull, HU8 8DH
Bank Nursery Assistant
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Hours of work: Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 6:15pm as needed.
We must state that the Nursery is under no obligation to offer you work, and for legal reasons all work offered and accepted will be separate from the next. No mutuality of obligation shall subsist between engagements. Likewise, by joining our Bank you are under no obligation to accept work when it is offered to you.
Little Owls Day Nursery is a nursery based in a separate building on the grounds of Dove House Hospice on Chamberlain Road in East Hull. The nursery has the capacity to care for around 60 children from the local community in a newly refurbished building with outdoor play areas.
To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
To provide a high standard of care for children cared for in the setting.
To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which each individual child can play, develop and learn.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members).
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life. To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs. To ensure you always adhere to and follow procedures in relation to meeting the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories. To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary. To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, open days etc. To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment, etc. To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job. To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside. To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times. Undertake any other relevant duties as reasonably requested by the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager.
This job description may be amended in consultation with the post holder in the light of on-going, changing Organisational needs.
- Desire to work with young children in an early years setting
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to gain a relevant Early Years Qualification at Level 2 and/ or Level 3
- Experience in working with/ caring for young children Knowledge of child development and supporting individual children’s needs
Please note that due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced check with Barred List Check (Children) for regulated activity through the Disclosure and Barring Service. This will contain details of all convictions on the Police National Computer including cautions, reprimands or final warnings which would not be filtered in line with current guidance. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining employment.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th February 2019 at 5:00pm.
Applications to be made via the hospice application form only, located on the Dove House Hospice and Little Owls websites. Please visit the website by clicking apply.
Interview date 12th March 2019.
We are unable to accept applications by CV and are unable to contact applicants who apply this way.