Reach plc are looking for an Events Manager to join our regional events team covering the Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Lincolnshire region. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of two people, selling sponsorship to local businesses, planning and organising our portfolio of established events as well as creating and devising new profitable ideas.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales.
This role will be based in Grimsby and Lincoln, and will require travel across the regions as required.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Secure substantial revenues from the sponsorship of events, award categories and ticket sales.
- Build long term relationships with key clients to understand their business priorities, in order to match our sponsorship proposals with their objectives.
- Regularly review all Events activity to ensure relevance to the market and recommend changes including improvements, removal and additions to the programme.
- Achieve revenue and profit targets for individual events and the programme as a whole.
- Ensure strong, relevant brand values are achieved for each event held.
- Negotiate with suppliers to drive the best cost deals without impacting negatively on quality.
- Prepare forecasts of revenue and costs to feed into quarterly business planning.
- Manage the Events staff to ensure they are an efficient and effective team, developing their sales skills to maximise revenues.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years senior sales experience, and ideally in a media-related business but this is not essential. We are looking for an excellent salesperson, with confident presenting skills and the ability to manage large projects as well as people at all levels.
The successful candidate will also have experience in business to business sales, managing cost and revenue budgets and negotiating with suppliers.
Driving licence is essential.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.