We have a great opportunity for a Cook within our Retirement Housing with Meals Service at Church Court in Dumbartonshire.
- You will have responsibility for preparing freshly cooked meals for people living within our development for our lunchtime and early evening meals services.
- You will be expected to work with our tenants to plan menus which include their own choices and preferences.
- You will assist with purchasing and ordering food for the development - of course making sure you work within the food budgets and provide tenants with value for money
- You will ensure all food hygiene and health and safety standards set by Bield and where appropriate outside regulators are met and actively promote such standards within the development.
- You will also participate in routine cleaning tasks.
Hours of employment are 17.5 per week organised as follows: Friday 2.30pm to 6pm Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm
- You will bring to the role experience of working in a kitchen environment and planning, preparing foods and cooking meals and a genuine interest in working with older people and be able to demonstrate an understanding of their nutritional needs.
- You will have the ability to maintain high standards of hygiene within the kitchen and dining areas and have knowledge of statutory regulations relates to food hygiene, ideally you will have an Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate and if not you will have the opportunity to obtain the certificate within the first six months of employment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Standard Disclosure check with Disclosure Scotland. Please visit the Bield jobs website to download the full Job Description and Person Specification
Our Benefits Competitive salary, reviewed annually. Excellent holidays, up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees). With the option to buy or sell holidays each year. Payment of your Disclosure with Disclosure Scotland
A wide range of learning and development activities including management & leadership programmes, job related training and qualifications to ensure your continuous progress.
If you require this information in an alternative format please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Closing date 10th February 2019.