3 days left
- Full Time
Crossroads Truck & Bus
Contracts Assistant Required
Crossroads Truck & Bus Ltd is the Volvo Truck and Bus specialists across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. We provide a total transport solution for the industry, from new trucks to used trucks, and parts and servicing for trucks, buses and trailers.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Contracts Assistant to be based at our Birstall depot.
The role will entail undertaking administration tasks and to provide excellent customer service to customers and assist our depots with day to day contract queries and requests.
The role will involve working in a team of four on a variety of tasks required for the running of the Contracts department which covers 20 depots across Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Midlands.
Day to day tasks within the busy contracts team will include dealing with a wide range of queries received through the contracts mailbox and by phone, working on a variety of administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Duties will include:
- Action and respond to emails from depots and customers in the contacts mailbox.
- Taking calls from depots and customers and dealing with any queries.
- Using the contracts costing system to run prices for new contract quotes.
- Raising new contract paperwork daily as required and sending out to customers.
- The loading of any new contracts and contact extensions in the contracts database, issuing scheduling information and updating GDS with contract information required by the depots and invoicing team.
- Checking and submitting Volvo contracts, preparing underwrite forms and purchase orders as needed.
- Balancing invoicing spreadsheets and raising invoices and credit notes for internal maintenance agreements and contract hire.
- Coding off of Volvo invoices and receipting in Stockmon (vehicle sales system).
- Raising internal invoices to our sales department for start- up funds and warranty funds.
- Intercompany transfers for maintenance costs and other recharges between companies.
- Running reports for internal contract expenditure and contracts up for renewal.
- Issuing contract extension letters to customers with new renewal prices and Issuing monthly advance notices to customers advising them of direct debit collection.
- Balancing of monthly costs and revenue and uploading into the contracts database. Analysis of monthly cost exceptions and submitting queries to depot managers/ invoicing centre.
- Issuing order numbers requested by the depots to authorise vehicle repairs to be charged to the contracts.
- Contracts claim analysis to ensure only correct contract costs are accepted to the contracts department.
- HCGC balance sheet reconciliations for costs, revenue and vehicle rental nominal codes, bank reconciliations, processing of sales and purchase invoices, processing direct debit collections.
- Completing excess mileage calculations for internal customers and assisting Volvo with their excess mileage queries.
Skills required for role:
- Working with Microsoft office programs, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing and Outlook.
- Excellent administration / written skills for preparing contract documents and numerical skills required for calculating payments and budgets.
- Good communication skills working with a wide range of people both internally and externally.
- Well organised to keep contract records up to date.
- Accurate, with a good eye for detail to ensure documents are issued correctly and information recorded correctly.
- Good time management to prioritise workload.
- Working within tight deadlines, adhering to Customer Service standards and meeting month end deadlines.
Technical / contracts / accounting experience advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Excellent in house product training programme.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
- A comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Loyalty bonus.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Friendly & professional working team.
Crossroads Truck and Bus pride ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. Our commitment to our staff, training and well being is at the forefront of our business.
Apply for Contracts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly