Commercial Finance Manager / Accounts Manager
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday, 21st February 2019
Founded in the early 1980s, The Company is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of their exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
They are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Finance Manager to join the team.
As a Commercial Finance Manager you will accurately report on and challenge the business's trading KPI's and investments across all areas of Retail. You will be challenging the Retail team on performance and drive out action plans to address issues including ongoing commercial reviews of the Retail P&L and short term plans to address immediate issues, influencing courses of action and ultimately supporting the business's strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Retail to ensure we are making robust commercial decisions
- ROI, payback and performance analysis for store refresh programme and other strategic investments
- Work closely with other key areas of the business (eComm, Supply Chain and Marketing) to identify and implement trading opportunities
- Maintain an accurate and timely daily and weekly sales report for store operations
- Ongoing analysis on profitability of stores, promotions and other initiatives and provide insight to support action and influence future ways of working
- Work closely with the Retail Operations team during budget process to produce accurate KPIs that influence both the cost base and help to maximise revenue
- Work closely with Retail Productivity team to support analysis and drive commercial action
- Provide ad-hoc support to Retail Operations Team and broader Commercial Finance Team
- Support with retail trial reporting and analysis, providing regular updates and insights to enable the business to make informed decisions regarding future initiatives
- Create and maintain a schedule of seasonal commercial reporting requirements in line with the corporate trading calendar
- Ownership of Retail Operations payroll model to control and analyse weekly payroll costs, as well as identifying opportunities for improved efficiency and cost saving
- Weekly payroll data capture process, including use of the Staff Scheduling BMS tool and Sage payroll system, capturing all key reporting BI including contract position, planned and actual hours deployed, and cost
- Responsible for the Staff Scheduling drive and maintenance of the BMS payroll tool, ensuring key driving metrics are in line with the current store wages budget
- Delivers regular payroll updates throughout the week to ensure constant strong adherence to the payroll model is maintained at all times
- CIMA qualified with significant PQE
- Proven experience in a finance team, preferably in Commercial Finance
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business and the strength of character to support and influence senior decision makers
- A strong analytical approach
- Used to adapting and dealing with change
- A passion and desire to complete tasks to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, listening and high numerate skills with a strong financial acumen
- A positive and proactive attitude to work with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Commercially focussed and self-motivated
Please click on the APPLY button and you'll be redirected to the company's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Commercial Accountant, Commercial Finance Controller, Finance Supervisor, Finance Associate, Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Financial Controller, Senior Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Revenue Accountancy, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Accounts Analyst, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW will also be considered for this role.