Longcliffe Quarries are a successful and forward looking independent company specialising in the extraction and processing of high purity ground calcium carbonates over several locations.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our existing team of multi skilled engineers as Brassington Moor Quarry.
As we operate a multi skilled team it is not essential for the person to be a qualified fitter. If you feel you have the right aptitude and qualifications to work as part of this team then we will accept other qualifications and experience.
The hours of work will be alternate day shift and afternoon shift which includes week day overtime and weekend overtime as required.
Rates of pay
Competitive rates of pay with the addition of a shift premium when working on the afternoon shift.
Main duties & Skills
- Must be prepared to do occasional evening callout for mechanical breakdowns
- Ideally candidates should be a qualified fitter to a minimum of C&G with a minimum of 2 years experience. Persons with other qualifications and experience may also apply.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to fixed quarry plant. Which includes crushers, screens, conveyor systems and some hydraulic equipment
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Attend appropriate training courses
- Completion of required paperwork
- Cutting, welding and fabricating experience would be ideal but not essential
Apply with CV