WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN DAVID'S TEAM?
We’re looking to recruit a MALE Personal Assistant (Care Support Worker)
Very attractive salary more than double national minimum wage for the right people/experience
Various hours available.
Would consider a live in for the right person
Who is David?
David is a young man who needs your help to live his life to the full. He enjoys getting out and about, eating out, bowling, photography and animals (he has two small dogs) computer games, film, comedy, photography and outings to the pub. David is a MASSIVE FOOTIE FAN. He lives at home with his family in Torbay, Devon.
Before you sign for David’s team, you need to know:
David is profoundly deaf and finds it very difficult to understand you, his first language is BSL (British sign language) and he needs you to be able to use this too. Being unable to hear he can become very frustrated and distressed if he can’t either communicate with you or understand what you are saying. David also experiences Autistic spectrum difficulties, he really needs you to be able to appreciate and understand how this makes him feel.
David also had a transplant & has CHSP condition which can make him fatigued he needs you to be very aware and sensitive to this.
Above all David needs you to know that he wants to lead a LIFE just like everyone else and WITHOUT YOUR HELP he is unable to achieve this on his own. He really needs someone like you to help him do the things that matter to him.
Do you want to make a positive difference to an individual’s life, hold a full driving licence? Are you someone who can:
- Must hold BSL Level 1 and be willing to work towards Level 2
- Be patience, understanding, compassion and the drive to improve the life of another person?
- Be flexible and be led by David needs?
- Support with personal care needs?
- Work flexibly to fit into David's lifestyle? This will include evening, weekends and overnight stays in David's home.
- Offer a calm, positive disposition and the ability to work sensitively in the homecare environment.
- Facilitate David’s social activities and interests.
We are looking for a care support worker to join our established team of support workers providing high quality care to David. Whilst his physical care needs are crucial you will participate in developing his social skills and facilitating learning opportunities to enable him to lead a rich and fulfilling life.
You will have ideally a minimum of one years’ experience of working across social care sectors or 6 months experience with a relevant social care qualification.
You must have the BSL level 1 and be willing to work towards the BSL level 2, and hold mandatory training including safeguarding, First Aid, food hygiene and Health and Safety.
Staff are selected for their reliability, experience, integrity, skills, friendliness and professionalism. They are carefully screened and references are always checked thoroughly including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Full training to understand and meet David's needs, including BSL, Autistic Spectrum Condition, meeting health needs to transplant and maintaining optimum health and positive behaviour support.
- Regular supervision, debriefing and ongoing support.
- Attractive hourly rates available including incentives, training, holiday entitlement.
- Comprehensive specialist training and support provided by colleagues, the Team Leader and the Care Manager.
Send your CV & covering letter to Mrs Rowe to apply.
This position is a genuine occupational requirement covered by the sex discrimination act 1975 and therefore only applications from MALES are requested.