The role is responsible for managing the Student Services Team end to end. The Team at a high level is responsible for customer care at every point throughout their journey. This consists of (but is not limited to) Career Support, general administration, customer feedback and customer complaints.
The role will directly manage the Career Support Team ensuring that all students receive a high quality of customer support from all Career Support Officers; supporting as many students as possible in to work.
The role will be responsible for the line management of the Student Services Manager who looks after end to end complaints, compliance and customer service processes, qualifications administration and general administration services.
A key part of the role will be being available to the Student Services Team in order that complaints, Corporate Partner queries and other key concerns can be escalated for additional support.
Main Tasks of Job
• Managing the Career Support Officers to achieve the targeted statistics each month by having regular (documented) 121’s & Team Meetings - reporting of Career Support statistics to the Operations Director weekly & monthly
• Line Management of the Student Services Manager including regular (documented) 121’s
• Working with Heads of Service Lines to build Career Support systems with Corporate Partners; ongoing operational management of the partner relationships
• Improving the overall customer relationship, ensuring that complaints are acknowledged promptly and responded to within set time limits, systematically and fairly
• Managing the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ policy for the business (TCF)
• Making fair, impartial decisions on whether to uphold a complaint in line with company / regulatory frameworks
• Keeping accurate and consistent records of investigations and decision making in line with industry best practice standards
• Management of the Financial Ombudsman Service relationship
• Developing and maintaining industry knowledge of the latest regulatory guidance and business best practice to continually improve customers’ experience.
• Maintaining a close working relationship with the Quality team and business stakeholders
• Consistently streamlining all operational processes to ensure best practice, great customer care and optimised spend
• Manage the behaviours and attitude of the team to ensure professional and efficient working at all times
Attitude and Aptitude Required
• Exceptional focus aimed at delivering positive outcomes
• Strong attention to detail
• Management Information driven
• Proven track record of delivering customer focussed outcomes in a regulatory environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (including telephone, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills)
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to both internal and external customers
Please apply online with an updated CV
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly