We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction. We’re passionate about what we do and our people are at the heart of our organisation.
We’re currently looking for someone exceptional to join Team HR as an HR Officer. You’ll support and guide managers on a range of HR issues, ensuring business decisions are made within employment law and best fit for the organisation.
Now let’s get one thing straight from the start - you won’t be feeding the giraffes, you won’t be cuddling the red pandas and you won’t be sharing your sandwiches with the orangutans. But you will be looking after the amazing people who keep our zoo going.
We have over 400 permanent employees in a diverse range of roles and an additional 400 team members during peak season so there is never a dull moment. The environment is busy and exciting, so you need be used to a fast paced environment and high volume seasonal recruitment.
- To provide first line advice and guidance on HR matters in line with the zoos policies, procedures and best practice
- To support the recruitment process by assisting and advising managers in the preparation of adverts, scheduling and supporting with interviews ensuring every candidate journey is positive and reflects the zoos values
- To provide support and advice with regards to the management of sickness absence referring to Occupational Health where appropriate
- To ensure that accurate information is provided to payroll in a timely manner and in line with payroll deadlines
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent experience
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Previous experience of providing HR advice and support through to resolution on a range of issues including, probation, sickness absence, performance, disciplinary and grievance
- Experience of working autonomously where required, able to apply sound judgement based on your previous knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of HR best practice
- The ability to influence and coach at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to deal effectively with issues of a sensitive nature, demonstrating tact and diplomacy
The successfully appointed HR Officer will have a thorough understanding of employment law and legislation and have previous experience and confidence in dealing with employee relations casework and the associated administration.
The salary for this role is £26,820.07 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this HR Officer role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 1st October 2017.
This HR Officer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.