We have an opportunity for a Response and Voids Building Surveyor to join the team based in Bristol on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a salary of £28,512 - £33,900 per annum.
Solon South West Housing Association is an independent, Bristol based, locally controlled housing association providing homes to local communities. We provide around 1,300 homes, mainly in Bristol and South Gloucestershire and are working with local councils and other housing association to build more.
As the Response and Voids Building Surveyor your role will be to work with the Maintenance & Asset Management Team support the delivery of a Customer Focused and professional Asset Management Service.
The Response and Voids Building Surveyor duties and key responsibilities:
- Carry out pre-inspections of empty properties, schedule and manage works to bring the property into a condition compliant with Solon’s re-let standard.
- Identify and schedule repairs to address significant building defects such as roof issues, condensation problems and damp.
- Supervise works on site, effectively managing and controlling the quality and cost of the works carried out.
- Carry out post inspections of completed work to monitor quality and ensure value for money has been achieved.
- Carry out stock condition surveys to properties and to update Solon’s asset database, to inform future major works programmes.
- Carry out pre-inspections of minor repair work as required, schedule works if required and co-ordinating effective delivery with the Customer Service Co-ordinator.
- Supervise minor/major works where required, effectively managing and controlling the quality and cost of the works carried out.
- Carry out post inspections of completed work voids and minor/major repairs to monitor quality and ensure value for money has been achieved.
- Provide technical support to the Development team regarding defects management of new properties, providing pre & post inspections and advice on more complex defect issues in conjunction with the Development Project Manager and external consultants when required.
- Support the delivery of the fire remedial works programme.
- Identify other improvements necessary to comply with Fire Regulations, to be included in planned programmes.
- Be an active part of the Customer Services team, taking phone calls and dealing with repairs and other enquiries as required.
Our ideal Response and Voids Building Surveyor will have the below skills and experience:
Qualified to HNC or above in a Building Surveying or property related discipline.
Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft office and experience of using databases)
Track record of delivering excellent customer service, even whilst working under pressure
Can deal with challenging situations calmly and assertively
Can prioritise effectively and manage a busy workload
To have an understanding of the importance of achieving value for money in all aspects of work.
Full driving licence
Working hours of our Response and Voids Building Surveyor:
Working hours are 37.5 per week Monday-Friday.
Working outside of these hours is occasionally required to meet customer requirements.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Response and Voids Building Surveyor then please click ‘Apply’ today!