Software Developer / Visual Basic Engineer / VB.NET Developer
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Huddersfield, Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 TO £35,000 per annum (Dependant on experience)
Job Position: Permanent, Full time
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned design manufacturer of bespoke, made to measure gear cutting tools for the transmission industry worldwide.
The company, a progressive family run firm based in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, is looking to recruit a Software Developer. Due to the specialised nature of the product, standard CAD systems do not suit the design of gear tools therefore your work will involve the use, research and development of bespoke software written in-house or specially commissioned. This role is ideally suited to someone with an Engineering background or a trained Engineer who has progressed into software research and development however exceptional graduates will be considered.
- Continue the research and development of software and integration of the data it produces within the manufacturing process.
- Manage and maintain the company servers and computer network for all areas of the business
- General IT support as needed, for example setting up databases, spreadsheets, production control and other proprietary software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A can do attitude, with the ability to research, offer ideas and proposals from past experience, bring the skills to implement and deliver
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly
- A willingness to learn, gear geometry and the code to control CNC machinery
- A willingness to develop solutions to mathematical/ geometrical problems or work with others to obtain necessary solutions
- A good knowledge and ability to program on the Visual Studio platform, Visual Basic and VB.net
- Understanding of C/ C++, Python and web based programming
- Proven experience in SQL databases
- Understanding of networks and MS Small Business Server/ MS Server
- Full understanding of MS Office products, particularly Excel and Access
- Experience in a similar role within the industry is desirable but not essential
- Educated to degree level or the ability to demonstrate relevant experience
Production Bonus, 33.5 Annual Holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Generous Contributory Pension Scheme, Death in Service Scheme.
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Developer, Programmer, C++ Developer, .Net Developer, Software Programming, Software Development, IT Developer, SQL, C Developer, Technical Developer, MS Server, Python, Technical Lead, Lead Developer, Senior Developer, CNC Operator, CNC Engineer, CNC Programmer, Lead Programmer, Senior Programmer, Web Developer and IT Programmer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Software Developer / Visual Basic Engineer / VB.NET Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly