Health & Safety Advisor
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Bournemouth Borough Council we are currently looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated Corporate Health & Safety Advisor to come and join our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £29,033 - £31,288 per annum.
Why choose us?
Bournemouth Borough Council is a coastal unitary authority looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Health and Safety Advisor to join a small team of health and safety professionals.
What’s the Corporate Health & Safety Advisor role all about?
This job exists to manage and deliver a comprehensive corporate health and safety service to all service units across the Council and to schools across the borough. The Health and Safety Team supports a wide range of Council activity including social care, waste and recycling, mortuary and bereavement services, transport, housing, seafront service and major events across the town such as the annual air show.
Key Responsibilities of our Corporate Health & Safety Advisor will include;
- To provide comprehensive H&S advice and guidance to all service units
- To ensure that the Council remains compliant with H&S legislation
- To support service units to develop and implement H&S processes and procedures
- To audit and inspect service units / council teams to monitor and highlight area of non-compliance or unsafe working practices
- To develop, produce and deliver effective training sessions to ensure all council staff have received suitable and sufficient H&S training and knowledge
What we’re looking for in our Corporate Health & Safety Advisor:
- Candidates will need to have the NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum, NEBOSH Diploma preferable
- Relevant experience working as a health and safety professional.
- Excellent communication skills
In return as our Corporate Health & Safety Advisor we can offer you…
We actively encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer a competitive benefits package, including a competitive salary, excellent training and development opportunities, a good pension scheme, child care voucher scheme, flexible working, and annual leave allowance.
Interested? If you’d like to join our team as our new Corporate Health & Safety Advisor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 5th October 2017