Ocean Export Customer Services Coordinator - Client Services
Job Title: Ocean Export Customer Services Coordinator
Salary: £25,000- £27,000 dependent on experience
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
You will process export shipments with high accuracy by using proprietary forwarding applications, ensuring operational excellence and high productivity in cooperation with the Business Unit Customer Service department.
- Coordinate and oversee export shipments on a daily basis.
- Receive work instruction from BU Customer Service & process the file - see IMS full process.
- Issue transport instruction to carrier, monitor timely collection.
- Complete export customs clearance declarations.
- Ensure all required security declarations are completed in a timely manner.
- Timely validate and post audit of Hazardous Cargo declarations data.
- Verify and ensure IMO (HazMat Declaration) matches with MBL data.
- Prepare manifest and MBL instructions to carriers and forward them in accordance with carrier's documentation cut-off date.
- Review MBL for accuracy and alert management and designated origin/destination contacts of any deviation from last pre-advice.
- Ensure pre-alerts were send to the correct Origin Booking counterpart.
- Obtain on-board confirmation (COB) from carriers for LCL shipments and also own consolidation containers.
- Send SOB e-mails to correct overseas OSC or destination PA offices within 48 hours after vessel departure.
- Distribute transportation documentation as required (MBL, HBL, HazMat Declaration, Manifest) to overseas counterparts, i.e. either OSC or destination PA office.
- Contact carriers, PA origin and destination offices in case of issues with documentation or cargo.
- Pass on files to Billing Group for invoicing within one (1) business day from "COB".
- Advise Team Supervisor of all claims or potential claims and issue preliminary claim letter(s) to involved carriers.
- Monitor vendor compliance with service standards and requirements as per contract terms.
- Report all pertinent information to Team Supervisor on customer/vendor problems, i.e. unusual problems and interoffice or company situations that may be of interest.
- Ensure that e-file contains all necessary documents and that necessary retention / return of originals is completed in accordance with Import Supervisors instruction.
- Update Track and Trace application with milestones as instructed by Supervisor.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of the company's Ocean freight's strategy and products.
- Good knowledge of the ocean freight industry
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the company's systems & processes related to Ocean freight
- Good judgment and organizational skills and ability to make decisions
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge and experience of ocean export
- Detail oriented
- Excellent application skills and competence
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Team player
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Client Support Agent, Customer Service Executive, Client Support, Customer Support, Export Coordinator, Client Services Support, Customer Service Agent, Freight Customer Service Coordinator, Telesales, Customer Service Advisor, Inbound Calls, Import Coordinator may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Ocean Export Customer Services Coordinator - Client Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly