Finance Director, Skelmersdale
We have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Director to influence the strategic and operational direction of our business. You will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business. In return, you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus great benefits.
UKI Express are a well-established freight forwarding and logistics business with over 100,000 sq. ft. of modern warehousing facility, who currently transport over 1500 separate consignments a day, throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
As our Finance Director you will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and you will be expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Additionally , you will be required to;
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Key skills required as our Finance Director include:
- Have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
- Be a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Possess exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Have strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Be energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Finance Director then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly