Medical Centre Administrative Assistant & First Aider
5 days left
- Part Time
Job Title: Medical Centre Administrative Assistant & First Aider
Reports to: Ultimately responsible to the Bursar, but reporting on a day-to-day basis to the School Nurse.
Salary Scale: Scale15 – 19 equivalent to £18,035 - £20,001
Starting salary: Scale Point 15 in the first instance: £18,035 per annum. The pro rata equivalent for 36 weeks and 25 hours per week is £8,436, plus an element of pay in lieu of holiday entitlement equivalent to 13% of salary in the first year £1,097, see below, bringing the actual salary to £9,533 per annum.
Location: King Edward’s School, North Road, Bath
Hours of Work: Term-time only post for 36 weeks per year; 25 hours per week, generally 5 days per week between 9.30 am and 2.30 pm, although these may be varied by mutual agreement.
Holidays: 20 days + 2 statutory days plus 8 Bank Holidays paid holiday pro rata per annum, rising by 1 extra day for each completed year up to a maximum of 25 days. As this is a Term-time post an element of pay equivalent to 13% of gross salary, in the first instance, is paid in lieu of holiday entitlement.
Pension: Automatic enrolment into the KES Support Staff Personal Pension Scheme with Employer’s Contribution of 6% of salary, to be matched by 2% Employee contribution.
The School: King Edward’s School, founded in 1552, is an Independent Co-Educational Day School; there are currently 700 pupils in the Senior School (including 220 pupils in the Sixth Form), 190 in the Junior School and 75 in the Pre-Prep.
The School is wonderfully situated on a 14-acre site on the south eastern edge of Bath, just below the University, with fine views of the City Centre and surrounding hills. In addition, there are attractive playing fields one mile from the school at Bathampton.
To assist the permanent RGN by providing the administrative support for the Medical Centre; and to act as a First Aider during busy periods or in the absence of the School Nurse.
- On a daily basis keep hard-copy and electronic records, filing and administration up to date. File correspondence to appropriate areas of the Medical Centre, update pupil and other records, file accident forms, and maintain a record of pupil attendances. Carry out any general typing required in the Medical Centre.
- Provide medical information, including care plans, for all trips and activities. Prepare relevant medical bag to accompany trips.
- Provide First Aid back up in the Medical Centre at busy times, or in the absence of the Nurse. Liaise with the Nurse if there any concerns about injury or ailment.
- In absence of School Nurse, act as first point of call for First Aid in the School, calling for medical assistance and/or an ambulance as required.
- Answer the telephone and handle pupil/parent enquiries courteously, maintain message book
- Maintain a system for stock checking First Aid supply levels. Check and restock the First Aid boxes on the whole school site at the start of each term. Maintain a half-term recall system to check and restock ALL Games staff’s First Aid bags. Send First Aid supplies to the Junior and Pre-Prep schools as requested, and report any concerns to the School Nurse.
- Liaise with outside agencies to book staff on appropriate First Aid training courses in conjunction with Assistant Head, Staff Development.
- Assist in keeping the Clinical areas of the Medical Centre neat and tidy; maintaining notice boards, posters, etc.
- Respect pupil, parent and Staff confidentiality at all time.
The Post-holder should have the following relevant qualifications and experience to do the job competently:
- Hold a current First Aid at Work certificate or be prepared to undertake training to that level; and attend regular re-training as provided by the School.
- Have practical experience of dealing with First Aid situations.
- Word Processing and general office computer skills required including MS Word, Excel, SIMS database.
- Be organised, methodical with attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm, and have a good sense of humour; yet remain calm in a crisis.
- Willing to act on own initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Be able to relate to and work well with the pupils aged 7 – 18 years.
Apply for Medical Centre Administrative Assistant & First Aider
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly