Geography: Educational Writer
2 days left
- Full Time
Full time, fixed term contract (1 year)
This is an opportunity for graduates to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for Geography through a paid position writing educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach KS3, GCSE and A level Geography.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for GCSE/A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory to GCSE/A Level students, and covering unit specifications.
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
What we’re looking for:
- Detailed, wide-ranging knowledge of Geography.
- Ability to apply your creativity and knowledge to produce resources which are presented in an accessible and digestible way.
- Ability to adapt and improve your method of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- Ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject!
Even without teaching experience, the ideal candidate will be able to apply creative strategies for teachers, taking the content students need to learn and presenting it in an accessible and digestible way.
Initial 1 year contract starting ASAP. The probation period for this role is six months.