Service Desk Analyst
Brook Street are proud to be able to advertise an exciting opportunity to join Ordanance Survey as a Service Desk Analyst. The role will be based in Southampton and will be 37 hours per week with parking on site provided.
As a Service Desk Analayst you will be part of a very busy customer service oriented team who diagnose and resolve 1st/2nd level technical incidents and requests. You will be responsible for co-ordinating 2nd/3rd level and 3rd party IT support. The Service Desk succeeds because of a strong team ethic, so you will need to demonstrate how we could benefit from your approach to team working. No two days are the same on the Service Desk and you will be responsible for managing many pieces of work simultaneously to meet customer SLA's and ensure an efficient and high-quality service is provided.
In this role you will need to be comfortable with the unpredictable nature of the job and be able to keep a cool, clear head in order to manage your workload. Customers are our priority and it will be your job to understand their issue or needs and establish the impact it's having on them and the wider business. You need to be pro-active in identifying and implementing solutions to problems. Sometimes this will mean working with other teams in IT or the wider business so the ability to build good working relationships is essential.
Delivering Excellent Customer Service, using a range of systems and tools to:
- Understand customer needs via phone, email and visit
- Accurately identify and analyse service requests and incidents
- Help customers to resolve incidents and complete requests immediately where possible
- Ensure requests and incidents are passed to the relevant second and third line teams where applicable
- Proactively manage backlogs of requests and incidents so that they are progressed to resolution within SLA's, escalating where necessary
- Document and share knowledge and best practice
- Operate in accordance with Ordnance Survey's approved policies, procedures and processes
- Be available to work flexible shifts
Although fast-paced, intensive training and mentoring will be provided, you will have an excellent customer service background and IT experience.
Learning new technologies and skills will excite you and you are keen to put your new learning into practice. As a result, you ensure that your skill set is up to date so that you can continue to provide the best support to the business. As someone who is highly motivated and proactive, you are always looking for better ways of doing something with a focus on process improvement and finding ways to automate tasks and procedures.
Although able to work independently you are also a great team player and able to support colleagues and share knowledge as appropriate. Following our best practices and Local Working Instructions, you will ensure that customer requirements and demands are consistently managed and met. The role requires you to be flexible and you will enthusiastically take on any given task.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience would be ideal:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows 7/ Windows 10
- Remote Desktop
- Active Directory
- HEAT Call Logging
- Troubleshooting hardware issues
- Apple support
- Experience in an IT helpdesk role
- Mac OS X, iPhones and IPads
- ITIL knowledge/Qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and able to multi task
- Expert in dealing with customers via phone, email or visits
Apply for Service Desk Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly