Administrative Officer – Property & Environment – (Oxford Based)
Administrative Officer – Property and Environment – (based at Oxford)
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade 15
This role provides an essential administrative and support function to the Facilities Manager in the delivery of an effective Estates and Facilities Management service . The Administrative Officer will work very closely with the Group Facilities and Health and Safety team to ensure that the highest standard of service delivery is achieved.
The following key tasks and responsibilities summarise the main aspects of the job. They will be reviewed periodically and amended by agreement to ensure the effective operation of the Department and to foster development of the individual:-
• In conjunction with the Head of Facilities Management and Facilities Managers, establish and maintain estates procedures and documents which ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the Property and Facilities Management service.
• Supervise incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure that the word processing and administrative needs within the department are met. This includes the preparation of routine and confidential correspondence, raising orders, managing project files, distributing post and receiving visitors.
• Maintain accurate Estates and Health and Safety records such as correspondence, drawing files, contracts, guarantees, insurance documents, and other data required to ensure legislative and operational compliance, ensuring that College licenses are maintained in force.
• Manage all aspects of communication in and out of a busy business support office, identifying and prioritizing urgent works that may impact on service delivery in conjunction with the Timetabling and Rooming Co-ordinator.
• Assist in the delivery of a responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance and minor works projects, including building projects and summer works programs, and move management.
• Assist in the organisation and administration of requests for works, ensuring a timely and customer focused response to completing repairs, requests for assistance, responding to student behaviour and security issues.
• Help co-ordinate maintenance and servicing programs to ensure statutory requirements are met.
• Assist with budgetary allocation, monitoring and control; liaising with the Finance department to ensure prompt payment of suppliers invoices once approved.
• Ensure that the department’s web-portal, intranet and internet sites provide up-to-date guidance and information
• Manage the list of approved Group drivers, approved contractors documentation, and manage applications processes for driver license checks and parking permits, as required.
• Provide and maintain statistical information and data to support Property, Health and Safety systems and processes.
• Assist in the organization of Room Utilisation survey’s and in the preparation and inputting of the College Timetables as directed.
• Prepare Duty Manager and car parking rosters. Assist the Facilities Manager to develop duty rosters/shifts and out of hours schedules, which ensure adequate service is maintained.
• Assist with the organization and promotion of hiring out facilities for events and lettings.
• Provide cover and answer the telephone and radio to ensure that requests for work are entered into the helpdesk database and action appropriately.
• Organize meetings and appointments and be a significant first point of contact and liaison between departments.
• Provide support and assist team members as requested.
• Act as First-Aider, after the appropriate training and respond to incidents when needed.
• It is a requirement of this post that you will act responsibly and comply with your duties and responsibilities as identified in all College policies and procedures
• Any other duties as required by the line manager and that are commensurate with the grade.
Status of the Job Description:
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives which should facilitate achievement of the key responsibilities.
It is the Policy of the City of Oxford College to recognize and encourage the valuable and enriching contribution, which people from a range of backgrounds and experiences can bring to the life and development of the institution. The College will, therefore aim to provide an education service which, in its teaching, administration and support services actively promotes equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination on grounds of age, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation in both education and employment.
Health and Safety Statement:
All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
The City of Oxford College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please click “Apply” to be redirected to our client’s website to complete your application process.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.