Learning Support Assistant - Positive Behaviour Focus
Learning Support Assistant - Positive Behaviour Focus based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £17,882.
We are an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Learning Support Assistants with a Positive Behaviour Focus to join our vocational areas. This role will support learning and positive behaviour management within our vocational areas through planning and supporting subject specific sessions. You will also provide intervention with students in need of behavioural support.
The key role responsibilities of the Learning Support Assistant are:
- Supporting vocational areas with aspects of behaviour management in line with agreed cross college low arousal approach
- Development of strategies/resources to support students with specific behavioural needs
- Support the delivery of vocational/subject specific curriculum including embedding functional skills
- Support the delivery of accreditation where appropriate
- Promote positive behaviour including one-to-one support where required
- Contribute to on-going behaviour assessments of students
- Facilitate work experience sessions
- Contribute to administration e.g. assessment reports, learning plans and progress reporting focusing on behavioural targets
- Proven success of working within a similar role - behaviour focus
- LSA/Specialist qualification – Autism / High Needs is desirable although not essential
- Excellent motivation, communication and team working skills
- Knowledge of Ofsted framework and external quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Competent on MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, substantial annual leave, flexible working arrangements and extensive continual professional development.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
CLOSING DATE - 1st October 2017