Technical Officer - Groundwater and Contaminated Land
Are you looking for a new technical role in the Newcastle area? Do you have a background in hydrogeology, land contamination or environmental health?
If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about this excellent opportunity!
This role is to work within a well regarded and forward thinking public sector organisation and is based at Newcastle Business Park.
As a skilled Technical Officer you will be a key member of a multi-functional team focused on protecting groundwater resources in the North East, improving water quality and dealing with the legacy of land contamination.
You'll primarily concentrate on the protection of groundwater quality and resources along with providing expertise on land contamination. Your daily duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Assessing the impact of planning applications on groundwater
- Responding to planning applications
- Conducting site visits to inspect groundwater, taking into account Health and Safety
- Checking quality and quantity of groundwater and ensuring aquifers are in good condition
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
To succeed in this role, you will;
- Have a background in hydrogeology, land contamination or environmental health
- Have a conceptual understanding of groundwater and be able to apply a risk based approach
- Be confident liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Holding a degree in a Geoscience or related discipline would be desirable, although not essential.
This is a full time temporary role with an expected duration of 6 months, and we are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Apply for Technical Officer - Groundwater and Contaminated Land
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly