New opportunity not to be missed! DCS Group have an exciting opportunity available for a Development Chemist to join the team based at our Stratford-upon-Avon site. The successful Development Chemist will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 - £30,000 per annum .
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a Development Chemist.
The role will be based in the DCS Manufacturing Division where we provide a one stop shop from concept to delivery. At DCS Manufacturing we fly the flag for - promoting ‘MADE IN ENGLAND’ products. We are passionate about creating and developing exceptional and affordable products in Bath & Shower, Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming and Pet Care.
The Development Chemist Role:
To deliver allocated NPD projects on time, on cost, on quality, to brief
Key responsibilities and accountabilities as our Development Chemist include:
- Complete formulation of new products in line with targets agreed by Technical Manager
- Reformulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits
- Initiate the setting up, monitoring and recording of stability and compatibility records
- Liaises effectively with raw material suppliers, ensuring that DCS have full use and knowledge of the latest materials and technology
- Costing of new formulations and ordering of materials for formulation work
- Preparing and packing of customer samples
- To keep accurate records of all Laboratory work undertaken
- Ensures high standards of GLP, making sure it remains a clean, safe and efficient environment
- Dealing with internal and external customers at all levels
- Will have responsibility for the supervision of one or more Laboratory Technicians
- Ensure Technical Manager is kept informed of the progress of all projects
- Understand and follow SOPs and work instructions
- At the request of the Technical Manager, carry out any other work as directed
Essential skills and experience needed to become our Development Chemist:
- A degree in a science-based subject, as well as 3+ years’ experience in cosmetics formulation, preferably within the contract manufacturing sector.
- You will need an in-depth knowledge of materials, new innovations and technologies within cosmetics & toiletries and will have a proven record of success in product development from concept to shelf, delivering products within regulatory/customer restrictions, on time and within budget.
- Experience within a factory environment would also be an advantage as you will be responsible for scale-up and full manufacture.
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Team Player
- Takes direction well, and applies own initiative
- Methodical mind and attention to detail
- Good analysis and numerical skills
- Prioritising and Time Management ability
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to liaise effectively with a variety of internal networks
- Self-motivation and the ability to be flexible to change.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our new Development Chemist then please click “Apply” today!
Apply for Development Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly