At Flourish we are passionate about making a positive change in children and young people’s lives. Our high-quality Children’s Homes provide a stable, caring and therapeutic environment, enabling all those we support to develop, grow and ultimately flourish. We believe our staff are central to helping us achieve this, which is why a career with Flourish will provide you with extensive opportunities, training and development.
Employment type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 37.5 hours, including weekends, evenings and sleep ins.
Salary: Up to £30,000 (+ additional payments for sleep ins)
Benefits, 22 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Work as part of the management team to ensure the welfare of the young people.
- Work to the Organisations Policies and Procedures
- Implement care plans and support packages.
- Promote professional development of staff and carry out staff supervisions.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the home.
- Promote constructive relationships between the Home and the local community and partner agencies.
- Maintain, support and develop effective liaison with parents, field social workers, schools and other relevant agencies.
- To prepare reports on matters concerning the Home and the children/young people.
- Participate in recreational activities.
- Understand and implement the use of positive behavioural support strategies in line with professional guidelines
- Ensure staff rotas are drawn-up and meet the needs of the Home.
- Responsible for daily budgets.
- Responsible for all aspects of running the home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- To actively promote and support Flourish’s Policies on Equal Opportunities and to work in an anti-oppressive manner.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and Ofsted Common Inspection Framework.
- Proven ability to have a positive and sensitive approach when working with young people.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the task at hand.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Aged 21 or over.
Please click apply to email your CV.
Apply for Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly