At Flourish we are passionate about making a positive change in children and young people’s lives. Our high-quality Children’s Homes provide a stable, caring and therapeutic environment, enabling all those we support to develop, grow and ultimately flourish. We believe our staff are central to helping us achieve this, which is why a career with Flourish will provide you with extensive opportunities, training and development.
Employment type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 37.5 hours including weekends & evenings, sleep ins.
Salary: £16,500 for non-qualified and £18,500 for qualified per annum. Plus sleep in allowance for both positions.
Holidays: 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays.
- To contribute to the provision of a safe, caring and stimulating environment for young people
- To provide primary care on a day-to-day basis according to the young person’s individual needs
- Provide support for the young people by showing awareness of individual interests and preference. You will be introducing them to a range of different experiences and enabling them to make informed choices wherever possible
- Plan, organise and participate in day-to-day activities with the young people
- Implement care plans and support packages
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and amending care plans and risk assessments
- You will consult and work with young people and their families
- Support young people to gain the maximum benefit from education
- You may need to physically restrain/control appropriately, in line with flourish’s guidelines and procedures
- To follow, contribute to and develop a culture within the home using Dyadic Developmental Practice (training provided).
- Experience working with children and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and Ofsted
- Level 3 Diploma in health and social care (Children and Young People) for the Care Practitioners
- Proven ability to have a positive and sensitive approach when working with young people
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the task at hand
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent IT skills
- Aged 21 or over
Please click apply to email your CV.
Apply for Assistant/Care Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly