Stock Controller, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Reporting to the Materials, Logistics and Despatch Coordinator, the Inventory Controller will assist in meeting all Materials Supply demands on time, safely, in an efficient manner and to the required quality standard as part of the Supply Chain Team.
- To ensure that all Company material storage/stock areas are maintained in a safe and tidy condition and that materials are stacked safely at all times.
- Carry out Physical Inventory Counts on a weekly basis to a designated program. Discrepancies to be reported and investigated through the Materials, Logistics & Despatch Coordinator
- Using 'pick-lists' to kit materials for specific contracts and issue the kits, electronically via the Manufacturing Control System (AX) and physically to the specified workplace. All shortages must be highlighted.
- Receiving and issuing materials to and from the designated stores areas
- Controlling and policing the materials supply and stock control procedures to QWI 41
- Loading and unloading vehicles to Company procedures and legislative safety standards
- Using counter-balance fork-lift-trucks and side-loaders to move materials around the sites whilst maintaining the highest standard of safety to personnel, equipment and materials
- Co-ordinating with other departments to ensure safe vehicle / material movements around the sites
- Ensure that all materials delivered to the business are accompanied with the correct documentation i.e. advice note with the correct purchase order and C of C. If the goods do not conform to the documentation by quantity or visual quality this must be reported to the Inventory Team Leader. All Goods-Out must be accompanied by a Company dispatch note
- Ensure that the quality standard required for each job is known and understood. Never dispatch materials which are suspected of, or confirmed with, Non-Conformance's
- All other duties as required by the business within training and competence levels
- Maintain a clean as you go policy.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven awareness of a Manufacturing Control System
- Experience within a stock control manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience is desirable
Salary: £19,635 - £20,590 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Production Planner, Materials Controller, Materials Coordinator, Raw Materials, Stock Controller, Inventory, Forecaster, Planning Assistant, Supply Chain Coordinator, Manufacturing, Production, Operations, Warehouse, Sheffield, Rotherham
Apply for Stock Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly