Auxiliary Plant Operator
Are you an experienced Auxiliary Plant Operator looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Auxiliary Plant Operator for our team in Glasgow, working 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
What will I be responsible for?
The Auxiliary Plant Operator is responsible for carrying out operational activities within the Mechanical, Biological Treatment (MBT) Plant at Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre (GRREC). Your responsibilities include:
- Observe and record system parameters ensuring that system equipment is operating correctly as well as informing the Control Room of any system failings.
- Ensure compliance with GRREC Safe System of Work.
- Report any potential safety issues and control any hazards as required in accordance with company policies.
- Carry out point of work risk assessments along with site procedures to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensure that all activities within the plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with GRREC safety policy and all HSE requirements.
- Facing and dealing with daily production challenges.
- Recording and reporting of defects as per company procedures whilst complying with all safety instructions and procedures.
The ideal Auxiliary Plant Operator will have:
- Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment.
- A proven track record of high performance in a similar industry
- Resilient and self-motivated with ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return for your hard work as Auxiliary Plant Operator, we can offer a salary of £26,000 - £28,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Auxiliary Plant Operator, then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 2nd October 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.