NPD Manager (New Product Development) - Food / Bakery
NPD Manager (New Product Development) – Bakery / Food
Have your cake and eat it with this role…
Amazing opportunity to lead and be part of a creative and innovative NPD team in an ambitious business, where the ingredients you bring will enable you to progress and develop your career.
Who will I be working with?
The Cake Crew is the UK’s largest independent manufacturer of private label cupcakes, supplying a variety of bakery products into major supermarkets, independent retailers and wholesalers. The award-winning business has been rapidly expanding due to customer demand and has a workforce in excess of 200 personnel. The Cake Crew continue to make significant investments into the development of employees and infrastructure to build upon the success, with recognition and reward high on the agenda.
So, what will the role of NPD Manager entail?
As the NPD Manager, you will take responsibility for all NPD and EPD products going through the gate processes from concept to launch, whilst supporting a small NPD team with two direct reports. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Delivering new product development, renovation and cost saving projects within cross functional teams
- Leading 15-20 high profile projects at any one time
- Motivating and supporting a team of two direct reports
- Working closely with innovation, maintaining awareness of new finished products and ingredients, and recommended innovations within the product portfolio
- Leading meetings before a launch
- Ensuring all NPD project files and paper work are up to date and completed within the specific deadlines
- Overseeing new recipes and paperwork the process technologist and NPD technologist has completed
- Sourcing new ingredients, decorations, packaging and paper cases which include the specification, MOQ, lead times and price
- Conducting in house organoleptic testing on trialled products
- Monitoring the use of additives and adhering to customer’s requirements
- Visiting customers on occasion to conduct NPD associated meetings
- Researching new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing, packaging, storage and safety of food in accordance with government and industry standards
What will I need to be considered for this NPD Manager vacancy?
- Proven NPD experience within the bakery industry
- Proven experience managing a team
- Commercial awareness in terms of ingredients, quantities and packaging
- Innovative and creative approach to work
- Ability to work well using own initiative
- Superb organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate colleagues
- Superb decision making, problem solving and consulting skills
- Good administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a well-established and forward thinking company with exciting expansion plans, where your career development will be encouraged and supported. The Cake Crew promotes a culture of open communication and your work and efforts will be recognised and well rewarded.
Salary: circa. £40,000
Additional benefit: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus company pension scheme
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Bala, North Wales. Good road links for commute from Wrexham, Oswestry,
St Asaph, Llanrwst, Bangor and Mold etc.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This NPD Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer The Cake Crew. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role, you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer The Cake Crew, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Apply for NPD Manager (New Product Development) - Food / Bakery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly