Fundraising Coordinator – Anniversary Year
In 2018, Coeliac UK will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary, and to mark this achievement we are also launching a new Research Fund, with the aim of raising £5 million by 2020. This role will support the development and delivery of fundraising activities, to both celebrate our 50th year and specifically to raise funds for research. This work will focus primarily around the community activity, individual giving and supporting the activities for high net worth donors, working closely with other teams to ensure a coordinated approach.
Coeliac UK is the charity for people who need to live without gluten. We provide independent, trustworthy advice and support, strive for better gluten free food in more places, and fund crucial research to manage the impacts of gluten and find answers to coeliac disease. And we do it all so that one day, no one’s life will be limited by gluten.
Applications with no covering letter will not be considered.
• Promoting 50th Anniversary celebrations in communities (local groups, individual members, other supporters) particularly during our Awareness Week (14th-20th May), working with other key teams in Communications, Volunteering and Membership to deliver relevant promotion, materials and service, and supporting all those taking part;
• Organising talks around the UK to present the agreed research priorities, delivered by senior Coeliac UK staff and supported by local groups; liaising closely with the Volunteering, Policy and SMT teams;
• Supporting events and other activities for Major Donors, HNW individuals and potentially Corporate supporters, with organisation and administration skills, particularly acting as the main administration contact point for the Gala Dinner volunteer committee;
• Updating all donor records on our central CRM system as needed and ensuring accuracy of the data, for both organisational and individual purposes;
• Maintain the highest standards of donor stewardship, including working closely with other members of the fundraising team and the charity to ensure supporters are contacted in the most appropriate ways with regard to fundraising activities;
• To support the production, delivery and fulfilment of the donation asks (via post, email and social media) for the research fund;
• Other key activities as needed to deliver a successful anniversary year, maximising the opportunities to raise funds both for the Research Fund and for the charity’s work in general.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Bright personality, willing to engage with others through all forms of communication
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
• Experience in an events or fundraising role
• Proven understanding of fundraising best practice
• Excellent organisation and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management
• Knowledge and experience of working with a CRM database
• Thorough experience of using MS office or similar
• Numerate with an understanding of budgets.
• Demonstrable experience of working well within a team
• Experience of working with volunteers successfully in a fundraising environment
• Excellent customer service skills & experience
• Understanding of current fundraising regulation
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the needs of the charity.
Salary: up to £25,965.58 pro rata based on Exp
Please apply online for this Fundraising Coordinator role with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.